Friday 4 June 2010


Today I spoke to Alex about the bump mapping and he very kindly sat with me for pretty much half the day tweaking with me! We took down the bump mapping in photoshop by tweaking the opacity of the image. The we played with more lighting using some spotlights and area lights instead of ambient lights. I adore the result however it still looks a bit dry and baron to me. I asked lydia and she agreed, something has to be done about the colours.

Alex also told me how to get the effect of light bounding through a canopy of leaves, but adding a noise effect to a spot light. I havn't included this yet, but definately will when the colours are more balanced. The best way to attack the colour i feel is through the lighting. Hopefully I'll be able to achieve some more gloom by doing this also, as the clearing is a sharper than I would want it to appear. I think this means taking down the intensity on some of the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment