Thursday 3 June 2010

SHOWREEL

Also in this term I have to create a dvd Showreel of my work for the upcoming raveLIVE event. This involves using software to create a DVD with functional menus and clips of my work. To start off I need to decide what I would like to place on my showreel. So i need to have a think about how I want to sell myself and what I am proud of. What artwork to include and if I need to re-render anything.

I think the first thing I need to look at is how I would like to market myself. I believe I would like to pursue a career in concept art and character design, along with modeling. These will be two things i would like to focus on in my show reel. However I do not have too much modeling work and not many original concept work. to remedy this i would like to include my life drawing. I will also showcase my animations as although, i do not wish to specialize too much in that field, I feel they show capability in Maya and reflect my personality via the humour in my pieces. I believe this is beneficial as a showreel is a medium in which an employer can get to know a possible staff.

I now have a number of things to do and organise. I need to go through my animations and models to decide what to showcase and check if any re-rendering will need to take place, I will also need to scan all my life drawing images and convert them into a digital format and organise which images i would like to showcase from them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment