Friday 4 June 2010

Background ahoy!

Ive started work on the scene. First I started by creating some geometry for the rough floor. This was all about creating a poly plane and pulling the vertices around for some sort of wave formation. I wanted the forest floor uneven for a completely organic feel. I want a sort of "nature has claimed this" enviroment.

I then added the dragon to the scene for scaling reference and began dropping in basic shapes for other props in the environment. Fortunately I have managed to keep the props to a minimum as I want to make sure the textures look effective and work, which is going to be time consuming. I wanted to leave myself lots of time to texture as I don't believe I have ever textured anything on this scale before, and with the amount of detail on a forest floor, nervous would not be a strong enough term as to how im feeling about this scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment