Friday 4 June 2010

team meeting. dropping the dragon.

Today Lydia and myself had a long discussion whilst reviewing the time scale. After finally completing her project for raveLIVE with the other dragon, lydia and I had to think seriously about whether we would have time to edit the rig to fit my dragon model and paint weights all over again.

Obviously I had enough to do what with getting the background started and completed, along with lighting, ready for the render. Lydia has to get all the animation done for the piece and fix some of the rig that was a bit shakey in her previous model. Realistically we just didn't have time. Obviously if we did, I would love to see my dragon completed, rigged and jumping around a forest, but we have little time, and thats without leaving time for error.

It is with great sadness that we agreed that the best course of action would be to drop my dragon and use the dragon modeled for lydia's raveLive project. I must admit I am disappointed but it is a necessary decision. It's whats best for this project, and relieves us of some strain from falling behind. I'm very proud of my model still, and think that the design was one of my best, I would love to continue with it in my own time.

Now I shall focus my full attention on the enviroment. Which will be the only thing of mine showcased in this project and im hoping to create something of an improvement in style and quality from my enviroment project.

wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment