Friday 4 June 2010

more more modeling



The modeling has again continued and now we have the basic shape for the head. granted it unattached, but thats easily resolved.

I like how it came out, simple mesh still and some nice definition for a low poly head and nice huge big eyes.

I started with a poly gube and box modeled it outwards, just like the body. I had some issues with adding additional edge loops around the eyes, however this was resolved by manually adding them with the split poly tool. The same was don't with edge loops around the mouth. The problem was that the insert edgeloops tool wasn't recognising where i wanted the edge loops, without creating 5 sided polys.

I still need to tweak the nose a bit, to give it a more beak like shape. I also have to add webbing between the ears, however after speaking with lydia, this is something that can be done during the rigging process.

Ive also started making the feet and hands. These are simple extrusions from the legs and arms. I like how they came out. They curve out wards ever so slightly, which should give a nice pulling shape when the dragon crawls.

No comments:

Post a Comment